Play First Piano Studio
- I provide lessons for online students
- I provide lessons for students with special needs
Hello! My name is Sydney Seratte and I am a music teacher in Shawnee, Kansas. I received a Bachelor of Music Education from the UMKC Conservatory of Music and Dance and a Master of Education from MidAmerica Nazarene University. I am currently in pursuit of a Master of Music Education at UMKC while teaching Music at Bluejacket-Flint Elementary School. I also sing soprano for Te Deum Chamber Choir, a local, semi-professional ensemble which performs a diverse repertoire of sacred choral literature.
At Bluejacket-Flint, I am continually grateful to work with young musicians eager to learn more about self-expression, musical forms, and collaborative music-making. The best part of working with a small studio of fantastic piano students is the opportunity to dive deeper into music using the Simply Music method, designed to enable all people to access their innate musicality. At my studio, our goals are to:
1. Encourage an environment that enables students to develop and retain music as a lifelong companion.
2. Experience playing piano as a natural self-expression.
3. Acquire the ability to play a vast repertoire of music of varying musical styles.
4. Have the ability to self-generate, including the development of a strong foundation in repertoire exploration, improvisation, composition, and music theory.
I offer group classes in the afternoons, Mon.-Thurs. and have some online offerings throughout the week. I host free introductory sessions on various Saturday mornings for those interested in learning more about the Simply Music Method. Please contact me if interested in attending a free session or if you have other questions.